Hawthorne school in Illinois raises $2,174 with Swap.com fundraising. In total, 879 items were added to the fundraising account. All of the items came from only 20 families. The sales period was from 10/13/2013 until 1/7/2014. 566 items (65%) were sold to Swap.com customers during the time of the fundraising and the remaining items were acquired by Swap.com. Total proceeds to Hawthorne were $2,174.
The Swap.com item fundraising service works as follows:
- Fill in the fundraising application form here
- Organize an event to which people will bring their unused baby and kids’ items.
- Swap.com will organize a pick up or shipping of the items to the Swap.com logistics center in Addison, IL.
- Swap.com will list the accepted items on your fundraising account for 90 days (or as agreed).
- Your organization will receive the proceeds of the sold items (after Swap.com deducts its selling fees) by PayPal or check
- Swap.com will pay a lump sum for the remaining items on the fundraising account after the 90-day selling period is over.
Below is some guidelines for pricing your items for kids’ consignment.
- Bargain brands e.g. Faded Glory, Garanimals, Small Wonders, Sonoma, Wonderkids. Always sold as sets, because of low value. Sets sell for $3-7.
- Basic brands e.g. OshKosh, Old Navy, Carter’s, Izod, Nike, Levi’s, Department Store brands. Single items sell for $3-6, sets sell for $4-15.
- Premium brands e.g. Gymboree, Polo Ralph Lauren, Baby Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, Guess. Single items sell for $4-10, sets sell for $8-20.
- Boutique brands e.g. Alphabet, Baby Nay, Isobella and Chloe, Little Threads, Lydia jane, Splendid Littles. Single items sell for 20-40% of retail value.
- Baby gear, Décor, Sports & Outdoor, Toys & Games: 20-40% of retail value
- Books, Comics & Magazines: 20-25% of retail value
- Movies & Music: 20-30% of retail value
What increases the price for all item categories
- New with tags
- Items in original packaging
- Full sets (including manuals etc.)
- Current season’s items
What lowers the price for all item categories
- Fair condition
- Items for infants
- Older items
- Non-season items
Full list of brands
LL Bean kids
Osh Kosh B’gosh
p.s. from aeropostale
Peaches n’ Cream
Flowers by Zoe
Janie & Jack
The North Face
Isobella and Chloe
Molly and Millie
Buy and sell items on kids’ consignment store online