Our Stellar Seller Spotlight is a bi-monthly program recognizing Swap.com sellers! This month, we would like everyone to meet our January Stellar Seller, Anne! Anne is being featured for her success in selling more than 1,700 items on Swap.com, since joining us in 2014. She has over 800 items listed with a wide variety of children’s toys and New with tag goodies. How’d she do it? To find out, we went directly to the source- with an in-depth interview!
As frigid temperatures continuing to sweep the country, it’s safe to say that sweater season is here to stay for at least a few more months. While sweaters are a wonderful staple for keeping us warm and cozy during the colder months, it’s sometime challenging keeping them looking new from year to year. Unfortunately, pilling is an inevitable plight for most sweaters, regardless of the fabric or price point. And since pilling is cause by friction, such as moving your arms, it’s unavoidable. So, what can be done to prevent the problems of pilling? We’ve have listed five tips that have worked for us.
1. Clean Razor: Lightly shave down in the direction of the fabric’s weave to easily remove the pilled-up pieces.
2. Pumice Stone: Remove sweater fuzz by gently brushing the fiber balls in a circular motion.
3. Scissors: Lay your garment on a flat surface and carefully trim away the excess fabric.
4. Velcro: Apply hook side down, gently pull up and repeat.
5. Defuzzer: This handy device, which can be purchased for less than $15, carefully removes fuzz, lint, and pilling.
From the Cubs winning the World Series to the loss of ‘80s rock icons, 2016 has had ups and downs. As the year comes to a close, we wanted to look back on which fashion choices were your favorites and which ones fell flat at Swap.com. Taking into consideration clothing type, colors and brands, the Swap.com team compiled top-line findings of the most–and least–popular purchases of 2016. For example, would you have guessed California bought more bodysuits last year than any other state?
The Highs and Lows of 2016…
In 2016, the Top 10 most popular purchases on Swap.com nationwide included basic fashion staples no closet should be without. We also highlighted the states that purchased the most of these hot items.
Top 10 Most Popular Clothing Items
1. Shirts: #1 State – Wyoming
2. Dresses: #1 State – Texas
3. Shorts: #1 State – Texas
4. Jeans: #1 State – Wyoming
5. Blouses: #1 State – Texas
6. Tank Tops: #1 State – Vermont
7. Sweaters: #1 State – Wisconsin
8. T-shirts: #1 State – Utah
9. Skirts: #1 State – Utah
10. Jackets: #1 State – Washington
Blue vs. Yellow
The most popular color of 2016 was blue. The most popular piece of clothing purchased in blue was–not surprisingly–jeans, followed by shirts, shorts, dresses and t-shirts.
The least popular color of 2016 was yellow. The most popular pieces of clothing purchased in yellow were shirts, dresses, tank tops, t-shirts and bodysuits.
The most popular brand purchased from Swap.com was Old Navy with Vermont loving it the most. Check out the brands that made it into our Top 10 purchases for the year along with their loyal state, which bought this brand more than any other in 2016.
1. Old Navy: #1 State – Vermont
2 Carter’s: #1 State – Wyoming
3. Gymboree: #1 State – New Mexico
4. Gap: #1 State – Vermont
5. The Children’s Place: #1 State – North Dakota
6. Faded Glory: #1 State – Arizona
7. Motherhood Maternity: #1 State – Colorado
8. Cherokee: #1 State – Utah
9. Baby Gap: #1 State – Maryland
10. Disney: #1 State – South Dakota
Purchase Pre-Owned Goods Over Brand New
As a purveyors of pre-owned clothing and household goods, we want to celebrate the states that made the most purchases on Swap.com last year. Here are the Top 5.
4. New York
For these states, shirts and dresses from Old Navy ranked among the most popular purchases. However, we were more curious to see which clothing items didn’t make an impression on our most active customers. Below are the least favorite clothing items for 2016.
1. California: Shrugs, footed pajamas and sweater vests
2. Texas: Bodysuits, leggings and cardigans
3. Florida: Snow Boots, thermal underwear, wrist warmers and suspenders
4. New York: Polos, sweatpants, overalls and jean shorts
5. Pennsylvania: Rompers, Hoodies, jumpsuits and shorts
While fashion choices vary greatly from person to person, Swap.com has you covered with nearly two million unique items to shop. Discover your one-of-a-kind treasure treasure today and save 40% off select items.
We look forward to serving you in 2017. Happy New Year!
In 1926, Coco Chanel made one of the greatest contributions to fashion by creating the Little Black Dress. Affectionately referred to as LBD, it wasn’t until 1961 that Audrey Hepburn turned this simple and sophisticated garment from a novelty into a universal staple when she wore it in Breakfast at Tiffany’s. Elegant yet simple, versatile and accessible, this iconic fashion staple has found its way into virtually every woman’s closet.
With New Year’s Eve parties right around the corner, women across the country are scrambling to find the perfect dress to ring in 2017. For those in a fashion frenzy, I have good news! Swap.com has more than 20,000 Little Black Dresses and thousands of these showstoppers are New with Tags (NWT), which means they’ve never been worn!
Secondhand does not mean second best. When you buy from Swap.com, you can breathe easier knowing no one else will be rocking your look as our dresses are one-of-a-kind. Now that you know where to shop, you can focus on turning heads with your signature style. And don’t feel too smug knowing you spent less than $20 on the perfect Little Black Dress that looks like a million bucks.