As we excitedly wait for the warmer weather, we can’t stop thinking about our favorite seasonal trends inspired by everything spring. These include fun shades of pastels, vintage-inspired florals, romantic, soft fabrics, and flowy dresses. (more…)
As frigid temperatures continuing to sweep the country, it’s safe to say that sweater season is here to stay for at least a few more months. While sweaters are a wonderful staple for keeping us warm and cozy during the colder months, it’s sometime challenging keeping them looking new from year to year. Unfortunately, pilling is an inevitable plight for most sweaters, regardless of the fabric or price point. And since pilling is cause by friction, such as moving your arms, it’s unavoidable. So, what can be done to prevent the problems of pilling? We’ve have listed five tips that have worked for us.
1. Clean Razor: Lightly shave down in the direction of the fabric’s weave to easily remove the pilled-up pieces.
2. Pumice Stone: Remove sweater fuzz by gently brushing the fiber balls in a circular motion.
3. Scissors: Lay your garment on a flat surface and carefully trim away the excess fabric.
4. Velcro: Apply hook side down, gently pull up and repeat.
5. Defuzzer: This handy device, which can be purchased for less than $15, carefully removes fuzz, lint, and pilling.
Now that the holiday season has finally arrived, so has the need for that obligatory ugly holiday sweater. In honor of these festivities and National Ugly Sweater Day on December 16, Swap.com is celebrating this tradition by providing thousands of used and vintage looks that even Grandma would approve.
Spending $40 to $50 on a brand new ugly sweater you’ll only wear once isn’t ideal. Lucky for you, Swap.com has a plethora of pre-owned, one-of-a-kind monstrosities to choose from this season for under $20. Be sure to make an impression at your next Ugly Sweater Holiday party by donning a sweater from Swap.com. Our sweaters are so fun and ugly, we’re affectionately referring to them as ‘Fugly’.
The ‘fugly’ fun doesn’t stop there! You could win $25 to shop Swap.com by participating in our 12 Days of Ugly Sweaters sweepstakes. For more information on how to win, visit the Swap.com Facebook page.