What better way to celebrate April as Earth month than with the PLANET EARTH series? This BBC/Discovery Channel co-production exposes the beauty of the earth and its animal inhabitants from a cuddly panda cub to an attacking shark.
David Attenborough narrates the documentary through the sea, to the mountains, inside caves, across deserts, through jungles, and more. With 40 cameramen traveling to 200 locations, this is an epic series that can’t be missed. This set contains every episode: “Living Planet,” “Mountains,” “Fresh Water,” “Caves,” “Deserts,” “Frozen Worlds,” “The Great Plains,” “Forests,” “Jungles,” “The Shallow Seas,” “Ocean Wide, Ocean Deep,” and “Planet Earth – The Future.”
PLANET EARTH takes our number 1 spot this month, but our other top movie picks for April include:
2. “The Fantastic Mr. Fox”: The voices of Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, and George Clooney help make this animated movie a real treat.
3. “27 Dress”: Wedding season is only two months away, but thanks to Katherine Heigel you’ll somehow get through another walk down the aisle in an hideous bridesmaid dress.
4. “The Bourne Identity“: Jason Bourne has been at the top of our swap lists for a few weeks now, so we thought he deserved a spot on our must-see list this month. Grab the popcorn and fasten your seatbelts for the ultimate Bourne adventure.
5. “The Lost Symbol“: Dan Brown’s follow-up to the DaVinci Code is nothing short of spectacular. Follow Dr. Langdon on another journey -this time through Washington, DC – as he helps solve the great mysteries of lost symbols.
6. “Going Rogue“: Alaska’s favorite daughter and one-time vice presidential hopeful, Sarah Palin, released her autobiography about life on the road.
7. “The Lovely Bones“: Before you see the movie, read the book. Alice Sebold’s novel describes what it’s like to be a kid in heaven.
8. “Mario Kart Wii“: Mario and friends jump into the seat of their go-kart machines for the first Wii installment of this popular video game.
9. “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare“: Modern Warfare 2 continues the gripping and heart-racing action as players face off against a new threat dedicated to bringing the world to the brink of collapse.
10. “Wii Fit“: With swimsuit season near, it’s time to up your workouts. The combination of Wii Sports and the Wii Remote turns the living room into a fitness center for the whole family.