It’s been a long, hot summer in Boston, but the work behind-the-scenes at Swaptree hasn’t wavered. We’ve been churning out new concepts and categories, and fielding customer service requests to make the swapping experience stellar. In the past few months we’ve announced new product offerings, new Facebook and Twitter pages, and oh, just a little announcement about acquiring Swap.com to become the largest online swap site in the world.
Throughout it all there has been one recurring line… “It would be nice if…”
We’ve fielded questions like:
“It would be nice if…you would allow us to trade Blu-rays and audio books.” — Done.
“It would be nice if…you would add more categories for swapping.” — To come.
“It would be nice if…you had an iPhone app.” — Working on it.
“It would be nice if…you could add more sorting features to my have and want lists.” – Also working on it.
All of these “it would be nice if…” comments got us thinking about what we want. While we are committed to our consumers and hopelessly devoted to our members, sometimes we need a little love and attention, too. So, we’ve put together a list of our 10 favorite things for no other reason than to share with you, our fans and friends, a little about us and what we like. Besides, knowing these things about each other just makes our relationship stronger.
Zipcar: The car-sharing service is eco-friendly and allows us a quick escape on when we need a beach weekend!
- Starfish: They are so friendly and yet, so intriguing.
- Costa Rica: One of the most eco-friendly destinations on the planet!
- Pink sand: It really is better in Bermuda…
- Real Simple: The handy magazine has the answer for just about everything, and we love them for it! Who knew there were so many uses for Post-It notes?
- Our collection of John Hughes films: Rain or shine, it’s always a good day for John Hughes flick.
- Day camp: Sure, some of our colleagues are having a bit of a hard time letting go of their kids this summer, but really – what’s more fun than day camp? Arts & crafts, painting, horseback riding, swimming, canoeing, playing jokes on counselors… it’s just too much fun!
- Old cars: Wouldn’t it be great if there were a site where one could trade their old cars? A 1959 Cadillac for a 1963 Corvette, or something similar? Ahh, dreaming…
- Barbecues: Nothing spices up a summer night like a good barbecue.
- You: It’s true, we do adore you. You are one of our favorite things – after all, would we be fulfilling all of your requests if we didn’t care?
Bonus: We can’t have a ‘few of our favorite things’ list without paying tribute to the great Julie Andrews. She’s one of our favorite things, too, and we’ve got a ton of her movies in our catalog waiting to be swapped!
What are some of your favorite things? Share with us!