We’re super excited about the pending launch of Swap.com and to get everyone jazzed along with us, we decided to host a little contest. We asked you – our loyal members and faithful swappers – to help us name our new slogan. We posted the contest rules on Facebook and on our forums, and we received more than 200 entries!
Before we divulge our top 10 and ask you to choose, we’d like to have a little chat with you – our swappers – about some of the slogans we received. What’s with the hamsters, friends? Also, you are certainly a randy little bunch – we can tell with all the “three-way” suggested slogans. (Admittedly, we did get a good laugh out of those.) But alas, we can put “swapping hamsters” and “I had a 3-way at Swap.com” on t-shirts without members of our board raising an eyebrow. So, we’ll keep these filed away for a rainy day when we need a good laugh and in the meantime…
We bring you: The Top 10 Slogans for Swap.com
- Where The old Becomes New Again: Swap.com – Ferryboat George
- Swap.com: Because it’s better to give and receive. – Greg Glenday
- Swap.com: If you can’t find it here, it hasn’t been invented yet. - paulnaff
- If you love something, set it free on Swap.com – Greg Glenday
- America’s Greenway – pamedson
- We believe in second chances – blueroseshelnut
- Your trash, my treasure. – Carrie Grover Phelps
- Swap.com: Where being used is a good thing! – Erica Bickford
- Don’t shop for it, Swap for it. – Ben Hills
- Swap ’til you drop – Sam Hill
Now we need your help! We need you – our swappers – to choose the slogan you like best! Just reply in the comments section with the one slogan above that you would proudly wear around, and we’ll tally all the results.
Voting ends Sept. 1 so tell your friends and get your votes in.
The winner receives:
*A t-shirt with his/her slogan on it (and if we’re feeling generous, we just might get the rest of you swappers t-shirts, too).
*A Blu-ray disc (or DVD) of his/her choice
*Homepage placement on Swap.com, plus a guest blog post (in other words, we’ll totally pimp you out!)